Moving iron bimetal meters
- Moving iron meters
Meters with a combination of a bimetal movement and an additional moving iron movement are used for monitoring electrical load ratios.
Because of its thermal inertia the directly heated bimetal element indicates mean RMS current over 8 or 15 minutes, and a red slave pointer shows the highest value reached. The button to reset the slave pointer can be wire sealed.
The moving iron movement indicates true RMS value.
- • Case with snap-in fixing
- • Interchangeable scale system for simple change as standard
- • Wire sealable reset button
- • Accuracy: bimetal movement class 3; moving iron movement class 1.5
- • Pointers: each movement has a black knife edge pointer, the bimetal additionally has a red slave pointer
- • Reset button of the slave pointer is wire sealable
- • Polycarbonate casing, self-extinguishing and drip-proof
- • Front frame color: black; grey on request
- • Time lag (bimetal): standard 15 minutes; 8 minutes available on request
- • Power consumption: (5 A CT, 15 minutes): 3.8 VA
- • Overload: 1.2x permanently, 10x for 1 second